This is another easy and tasty slice from the Country Women’s Association slice cook-book. The first time I made this, I followed the recipe and used dried apricot, but this time I used crystalised ginger and it worked a treat.
Consider it to be something like Adult Chocolate Crackles. I guess it’s called Stonehenge Slice because you could cut it into thin slices and assemble your very own Stonehenge, if you really wanted. Or even get more creative.
- 185 g dark chocolate (I prefer 55%)
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g pieces of crystalised ginger
- 3 1/2 cups rice bubbles (probably something like 125 g, too)
- Chop ginger into small pieces.
- Grease a 18cm x 28cm slice tin.
- Break chocolate into pieces and put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 60 seconds.
- Chop butter into pieces and add to bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds then stir. Keep going like that until just melted.
- Place rice bubbles in a large bowl and combine with the ginger and sugar.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix together gently.
- Press into the slice tin, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Cut into slices in the tin before serving. (Keep unused slice in the fridge.)